Ads-n-Balance does two things: it gives an easy and fully automatic way to check balance on any mobile phone and it supplies advertising at the end of balance information.
Both pre-paid and post-paid subscribers of GSM networks are supported by Ads-n-Balance. A subscriber dials a simple service number, a USSD string, like *100# and receives a response with the current balance information.
The System is enhanced by a module for targeted advertising which inserts ads at the end of the balance message.
If required, the System can also use SMS as transport.
Mobile Operator Benefits
- New marketing channel. Discover new revenue streams from placement of advertisement messages after balance information. The System includes a Sharp Ads Module which is used to prepare and target advertising messages. Our own services advertised through Ads-n-Balances have demonstrated a 30% response rate and were promoted far better than through TV advertising or bulk SMS. Ads-n-Balances comes with an administration module to prepare and target ads.
- Expensive customer service and IVR systems are not used, therefore operator saves a lot on this most used service.
- Network utilization is minimal. The voice channel stays free, and the interaction takes less time than in the case of SMS. This is especially important for massive uses of the service in public places.
- It is fully automatic. In other words, once the Service is running, there is no need to have specially trained people for IVR, or maintain the system by the operator's stuff – support can be fully outsourced to us.
- Simple integration with a pre-paid billing IN platform.
- Universality. The Service has the unified interface for pre-paid and post-paid subscribers.
- Targeted unobtrusive advertising.
Ads-n-Balance improves the quality of service for subscribers.
Advertising does not induce negative emotions.
Because relevant and requested information is timely received, advertising that follows in the message does not disturb the subscriber — much alike Google's text advertising in search results.
According to surveys, 80% of end users who can use either IVR or USSD prefer USSD. USSD is supported by all mobile phones (with few exceptions) and it can be used by far greater number of people as compared to WAP, Java, or even SMS.
Ads-n-Balance on USSD is 8-10 times faster than IVR and 4-5 times faster than SMS. An average response time for balance inquiry is less than 3 seconds.
A USSD-based "Ads-n-Balance" is easier to use than SMS- or WAP-based services – one simple access code to remember and dial (*100#).
Access to negative balances
When the balance is zero or negative for pre-paid subscribers, or when a certain limit has been reached for post-paid subscribers, most services — SMS, WAP, voice — are turned off and there is no way to find out why nothing works. With Ads-n-Balance the subscriber will find out that it's time to top-up even if the balance is non-positive.
Works in roaming
It is the only free service which always works in roaming reaching customers abroad with targeted ads.
Ads-n-Balance uses a targeting engine designed to accommodate any type of targeting request. In particular, ads can be targeted by:
- Region and location
- Subscriber's answers to polls
- Previous actions of subscriber
- Preferences of subscriber
- Ads-n-Balance provides balance information via SMS and USSD messages for pre-paid and post-paid subscribers;
- Eyeline Sharp Ads supplies relevant advertising banners to the Ads-n-Balance according to settings;
- Eyeline SMS/USSD center (optional) enables SMS and USSD messaging.
Mobile Ads that Work. Finally.